martes, 17 de mayo de 2016

The Pop of Roy

If I have to talk about art, I think I can not decide for one or another piece of art or a painting. So for this post I am going to talk about some works of an artist I had to research a few years ago, and he is Roy Lichtenstein. I have to recognize I feel really attracted to the pop art, and when I was still studying at school (around four or five years ago) I had to do a work for the art class and I decided to research about the complete work of the American artist Roy Lichtenstein. He born in New York in 1923, and dead in 1997 in New York too. He dedicated his career to the pop art, graphic art and sculptures , and he is known for his large-scale interpretation of the comic art, and also the re-interpretation of figures of TV commercials and advertisings. So here is where I feel more interested, because I love the works he did with this techniques, the simplicity he apply on his paintings and the way he got a perfect mix between the interpretations of different figures on comics and publicity of that age. The color he used are so vibrant and attractive and I personally think it is a plus to all his works, because that is the essence of pop art, the bright colors present in every painting or sculpture. I also think the work of Roy is a good reflection of the lifestyle of the age when he created most of their pieces, is the golden age of New York City, when people started to feel more attracted to have good art in their own houses, and talk about more interesting themes, to show their high life status. I can even say the Snob People born in those years and it is very present in this art, but that is another theme and I will not talk about that in this post.

"woman in bath" - 1963

"stepping out" - 1978

"interior with mirrored wall" - 1991

"interior with red wall" - 1991

"girl with hair ribbon" - 1965


1 comentario:

  1. I like that kind of art, and they way they represent the people and most the girls.

    ResponderBorrar