jueves, 13 de octubre de 2016

An interest that grow with the time

Since I was a child I always admired people who had the natural talent, and I mean really talent, for dancing. I think not everybody has the needed skills to make the moves that professional dancers does, but if there is something that life has teaches me is about working hard to reach your goals, so in the last months I have been really interested in taking classes of Ballet. I know in my country practicing this beautiful discipline is something that people joke around when it is practiced by men, but since a long time ago the opinion of people about whatever I like or I try to do is something not relevant for me. Ok, returning to Ballet, I think the most I like about it is to put all your weight in only one finger of your foot, I mean, can you imagine how difficult might be to develop the precision and the correct technique to finally can do that beautiful pose. When I started the college I made really good friends, and one of them lives in one of the San Borja Towers, in front of the Alameda Ave. and with the view of the Cultural Center Gabriela Mistral, and the last year when I where in the balcony I noticed people practicing Ballet in one of the practice rooms that the center puts disposition to the public. I automatically thought how great would be to practice Ballet with that spectacular view of the main avenue of the city, and I researched a little bit about this classes and I finally found that they are all students of the Municipal Theatre and they practice two days per week in that place, and the rest of the week they do their normal classes in the theatre. But I wanted more, so I continued researching and finally I found the website of one school of Ballet here in Santiago, and they offer a part-time class for people who wants to learn in a non-professional way the art of Ballet. Anyway, I feel really attracted to this and I am planning to maybe take some classes the next year, I think this is something that is already in my “2017 to do list”.

A classic of the Ballet, "Swan Lake" of Tchaikovsky.
This picture is from the presentation of the National Ballet 
of the Municipal Theatre of Santiago

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario