viernes, 17 de noviembre de 2017

A Trip with a Purpose

I am not sure now, but I am starting to believe this blog is turning into a “Travelers Guide”, because I have had to do a lot of posts related to travel experiences, visit other cities in the world and things like that lol. Anyway, the post of this week is about visiting a city I would like, and to be honest I have been the kind of guy “in love with big cities” all my life, so therefore, the dreamed cities to visit for me are New York, Paris, London, Tokyo and every typical big city you see in the brochures of the Travel Agencies lol. But this last time, honestly, I do not feel like myself, the career is so heavy in the shoulders at this time and I am tired so I do not feel like I am being myself right now L So to try to complete this post, I can talk about the cities anyone want to visit, maybe because they do not have the biggest monuments, or maybe they are chaotic or with pollution, or maybe the safety is bad. Anyway, when I hear people talking about a catastrophe happening in a big popular city and how dismayed they are about that tragedy, and putting a flag filter on their profile picture of Facebook, and all the News talking about that city, I just think about the tragedies happening in the little cities and towns that nobody cares, like the kids that are dying of starvation in Africa, the extreme poverty of Haiti, the sexual exploitation of children in India, the rising rate of child prostitution in China, the bombing of the last hospitals in Syria with newborns inside, and nobody talk about that, nobody put a filter of that in their profile picture of Facebook. I am not trying to put one situation on top of another one, I do not think that is more important to think in one tragedy instead of another one, simply I think what it is bad is that people sometime tend to care about what they think is more important only because the television and media tells that that is more important than other stuff, and it feels terrible that people tend to think that there is people more important that other ones L and it does not matter how much people talk about that, but how much people really care about that situation and is able to do something to end with it. I do not consider myself as a “change agent” but someday I would like to go to a place to help in what is needed, maybe it helps even more than just share a news in a social media. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario